Produced at the Globe Theatre, New York, on October 7th. 1919.
Cast of Characters
|| Miss Rena Parker
|| Miss Juanita Fletcher
|| Miss Adele Astaire
|| Mr. Fred Astaire
|| Miss Wilda Bennett
| LUCY FIELDING
|| Miss Ruth Lee
| ANABEL MASON
|| Miss Hilah Reeder
| RICHARD (DICKIE) STEWART
|| Mr. Percival Knight
|| Mr. George Fordyce
| GEORGE WINTHROP GORDON
|| Mr. Harrison Brockbank
|| Mr. Roy Atwell
| PHILIP CAMPBELL
|| Mr. John Charles Thomas
| MRS. ANNE MERTON
|| Miss Florence Shirley
Synopsis of Scenes
| ACT I
|| - Garden of Castle Hall School, Clifton-on-Hudson.
| ACT II
|| - At Phillip Campbell's House, near Fifth Avenue.
| ACT III
|| - The Ball Room.
ACT I - Garden of Castle Hill School, Clifton-on-Hudson.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus - Girls - "Come along, we are through for the day, all our work in geology is over..."
- No. 2 - Song - Julie, Polly & Girls - "When your mother says that you can't go out with any certain man, do you obey..."
- No. 3 - Song - Nancy & Girls - "I've always wondered how a girl can tell when she's in love..."
- No. 4 - Trio - Nancy, Polly, & Dickie - "We cannot agree that among us three any secrets should obtain..."
- No. 5 - Letter Song - Nancy & Girls - "Dear Nancy, I've at last made up my mind to tell you what I've planned for you to do..."
- No. 6 - Duet - Julie & Dickie - "I know a place where we can dwell, way up beyond the noisy 'El'..."
- No. 7a - Finale Act I (part 1) - Ensemble and Song - Nancy - "Why Julie, what's the matter? What is it makes you cry? ..."
- No. 7b - Finale Act I (conclusion) - Nancy's Farewell - "Dear friends, goodbye - now I must go..."
ACT II - At Phillip Campbell's House, near Fifth Avenue.
- No. 8 - Duet - Julie & Harvey - "When an up-to-date young Darby needs a modern sort of Joan..."
- No. 9 - Scene and Song - Nancy & Girls - "Your words are shocking if sincere, when we hear you speak of dancing..."
- No. 9½ - Exit (appears in the vocal score as No. 8½)
- "When the wedding bells are ringing..."
- No. 10 - Song - Phil & Men - "We have seen that the marriage knot has been tied, tied, tied..."
- No. 10½ - Exit (appears in the vocal score as No. 9½)
- "He loves the girls, girls, girls just the same..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Nancy & Phil - "My wife! That's so, but I have no claim on you, for of course you are just as free..."
- No. 12 - Song - Anne & Chorus - "Women all are most afraid of a widow, a widow..."
- No. 13 - Quartet - Nancy, Anne, Phil & Dickie - "Ev'rybody should be gay ... So they say, on a wedding day..."
- No. 14 - Finale Act II - "Well, I went to lunch the other day with a friend of mine..."
ACT III - The Ball Room.
Items 1, 3, 5, 7b, 8, 12, 16, 17, 18 & 19 were composed by Fritz Kreisler.
Items 2, 4, 6, 7a, 9, 9½, 10, 10½, 11 & 13 were composed by Victor Jacobi.
Items 14 & 15 are attributed to both composers.
Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved.
- External Link:
- Victor Light Opera - Gems From Apple Blossoms on Youtube.
American Musical Theatre
Page created 29 September 2016 .