First performed at the Knickerbocker Theater, New Haven, on December 28th, 1897
Cast of Characters
| PAPAGALLO (King of Timberio)
|| Mr. Albert Hart
| GUIDO (Duke of Ventroso)
|| Mr. Frank Pollock
| FRESCOBALDI (Prime Minister of Timberio)
|| Mr. Edward P. Wilks
|| Mr. Melville Stewart
|| Mr. Harry Luckstone
|| Mr. E. G. Shaffer
|| Mr. Wesley Johnstone
| BIANCA (Queen of Capri)
|| Miss Lillian Carlsmith
| MINUTEZZA (Princess of Capri)
|| Miss Christie Macdonald
| LA PASTORELLA
|| Miss Nella Bergen
|| Miss Alice Campbell
|| Miss Bertha A. Davis
|| Miss Nana Fairhurst
|| Miss Emma Lackey
ACT I - The Island of Capri.
- No. 8 - Introduction & Romance - Guido - "The rose tint leaves the sky, the shadows multiply..."
- No. 9 - Song - La Pastorella - "Here's a pack of red and black, spots and faces, deuces, aces..."
- No. 10 - Trio - La Pastorella, Papagallo & Buscato - "He's here! I'm here! ..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Minutezza & Guido - "Love, light of my heart, the day of our joy is near..."
- No. 12 - Chorus, Tarantella, Invocation and Solos - "We cannot see the reason why the Fates did not name us..."
- No. 13 - Song - Minutezza, with Guido & Papagallo - "The snow in the fields is lying deep..."
- No. 14 - Finale Act II - "An awkward complication this, for one and all have sworn, he shall not live in single bliss..."
- No. 15a - Introduction, Male Chorus & Song - Guido, Papagallo, Buscato & Gambo - "These are our sentiments..."
- No. 15b - Solo and Chorus - La Pastorella & Girls - "Cuckoo, cuckoo, a little bird sings..."
- No. 15c - Reprise of No. 11 - La Pastorella, Gambo & Buscato, with Chorus - "Love, light of my heart..."
- No. 16 - Song - Papagallo, with Chorus - "I know a goat, a little goat who loves to cut a dash..."
- No. 17 - Finale Act III - La Pastorella & Chorus - "The God of Love presides, so ring the wedding bells in joyful measure..."
MIDI Files copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved.
- External Links
- Vocal Score at Internet Archive
- Selection from the operetta on YouTube
American Musical Theatre
Page created 10 October 2016 Copyright © 2016 Paul Howarth All Rights Reserved