His Honor the Mayor is described as "A Summertime Entertainment in Two Parts." The book and lyrics are by Charles J. Campbell and Ralph Skinner and the music by Julian Edwards and Alfred E. Aarons. It was produced at the New York Theatre, New York, on 28 May 1906.
| HON. TEDDY TODD (Mayor of Kankakee)
|| Clarence Harvey
| DAISY (a milliner girl)
|| Nella Webb
| MAY FLOOD
|| Madelyn Marshall
|T. CHESTERFIELD PREBBLE (an Anglicized native of Kankakee)
|"JACK" THAYER (his chum)
|| Arthur Earnest
| DEACON FLOOD (May's father)
|| Harry Kelly
|"REDDY" SAMPSON (a cowboy)
|| William Black
| MRS. VAYNE (a young widow)
|| Lois Tabor
| MARJORIE VAYNE (her stepdaughter)
|| Lora Lieb
| SOLOMON SYPHONSTEIN (a Parisian marriage broker)
|| E. E. Van Rensselaer
| CAPTAIN RUDOLPH ZITSKY (of the Royal Hungarian Hussars)
|| John H. Pratt
| DAUBER BRUSH (an art student)
|| Hal Pearson
| LIEUT. SCHNIPP (of the Royal Hungarian Hussars)
|| Catherine Tanner
| R. LA CARTE (Manager at La Carte's Hotel)
|| James Murray
| JOZEF (waiter at La Carte's Hotel)
|| E. R. Edwards
|| Blanche Ring
ACT I - Courtyard of Hotel La Carte, Paris.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus - "We are all at the end of our string; more politely, the end of our tether..."
- No. 2 - Song - Marjorie and Chorus - "Flow'rs, ever welcome off'ring to a maid, true love, or friendship's token..."
- No. 3 - Song - Daisy and Chorus - "I'm a shy little thing, you can plainly see, I don't like attention bestowed om me..."
- No. 4 - Entrance of Todd - "Now all prepare to do honor to the Mayor. We shall find him high and mighty when we meet him..."
- No. 5 - Song - Todd and Chorus - "Golf is a game where young folks playing, over the hills and dales go straying..."
- No. 6 - Sextette - May, Daisy, Mrs. Vayne, Todd, Tom and Jack - "We spend our wealth in search of health..."
- No. 7 - Song - Jack and Chorus - "Mary Ann's lovely, she's just all right, not too slim, or too stout, but just neat..."
- No. 8 - Sunday Song - Pony Ballet and Chorus - "I know one dear girl about twenty, and twenty more..."
- No. 9 - Finale Act I - "What's the row? What's up now? Why such turmoil and such strife?..."
ACT II - The Isle of Margitsziget, on the Danube River between Buda and Pesth, Hungary.
- External Link
- Vocal Score at UR Research
American Musical Theatre
Page created 13 January 2017 Copyright © 2017 Paul Howarth All Rights Reserved