The Dollar Princess is a musical in three acts by A.M. Willner and Fritz Grünbaum , adapted into English by Basil Hood (from the 1907 Die Dollarprinzessin), with music by Leo Fall and lyrics by Adrian Ross. It opened in London at Daly's Theatre on 25 September 1909, running for 428 performances.
|Harry Q. Conder
||(confidential clerk to Conder)
||W. H. Berry
||(cousin to Conder)
|John, Earl Of Quorn
||(groom to Conder)
||Basil S. Foster
|Sir James Mcgregor
||(footman to Conder)
|Duke Of Stonehenge
||(butler to Conder)
||F. J. Blackman
|Vicomte De Brésac
||(chef to Conder)
||(a lion queen)
|Dulcie Du Cros
||(a Californian girl)
|Sadie Von Tromp
||Phyllis Le Grand
|Hon. Editha Dalrymple
ACT I - Conder's House in New York.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus - "We're the household of the great Mister Harry Conder, drawn from ev'ry ancient state over the ocean yonder! ..."
- No. 1a - Song and Chorus - Alice - "A self-made Yankee maiden, she isn't greatly drawn to castles mortgage-laden, and coronets in pawn! ..."
- No. 2 - Duet - Daisy and Quorn - "I'm very sorry if you've thought I do not serve you as I might! ... Oh, no! Not that, but still you might be more attentive..."
- No. 3 - Song - Freddy - "A little maiden by the way, so simple, sweet and fair, is not the love for whom I pray, you meet her ev'ry where! ..."
- No. 4 - Duet - Alice and Freddy - "The people round that I am paying must be good-looking, that's my whim! It's what papa is always saying..."
- No. 5 - Quartette - Olga, Conder, Dick and Bulger - "Myself the Countess I'll introduce: Olga Alaska Tabasco Kachewska! ... Can you repeat it, please? ..."
- No. 6 - Finale Act I - "And now assemble all my household here! Let ev'rybody instantly appear! Before in feast we give our joy expansion, I'll introduce..."
ACT II - Garden Court, Conder's House.
- No. 7 - Tennis Chorus - "In afternoon of sunny June across the lawn the net is drawn. You take your racquet and your ball, and men and maidens say: Love all! ..."
- No. 8 - Ensemble - Conder and Girls - "Mister, Mister Conder, whither will you wander? You are like a child again! Why are you so very juvenile and merry? ..."
- No. 9 - Duet - Alice and Freddy - "A secretary such as you is nothing to his betters; and he can write, is that not true? Their most intimate letters! ..."
- No. 10 - Duet - Daisy and Sir James - "I may be going rather soon on an extensive honeymoon, so I suppose I must buy clothes ... Ladies at times wear those..."
- No. 11 - Song - Bulger - "Some women may have loved me for my face - I do not know. And some for that 'Je ne sais quoi' I call my 'Touch and go'..."
- No. 12 - Duet - Alice and Conder - "Many a time, my brother, we have laughed and cried. We both were very naughty, then we used to run and hide! ..."
- No. 13 - Scena - Olga and Conder - "Ah! Ah! I'm Queen of men, Parisienne, la fine fleur de Paris. Ah! Ah! Tout de même, je vous aime! Do you care for me? ..."
- No. 14 - Quartette - Alice, Daisy, Quorn and Freddy - "Who are the girls that glitter and glance, full in the sun of joy? Life is to them like a marvellous dance..."
- No. 15 - Finale Act II - "We're delighted here invited to attend these gorgeous fêtes! Quite surprising, and out classing those of European states..."
ACT III - Freddy's Bungalow in California.
- No. 15a - Entr'Acte
- No. 16 - Opening of Act III
- No. 17 - Duet - Daisy and Bulger - "We are a couple of happy tramps, low on scamps, happy tramps; everywhere we will pitch our camps..."
- No. 18 - Reminiscence - Daisy and Quorn - "Please my lord and master, you'll be true to me? ... Yes, my little darling, I will be. Shall we find when married..."
- No. 19 - Septett - "Hip, hip, hurrah! ... So ring the merry wedding bells to hail this day! ... Hip, hip, hurrah! ... For we're the most tremendous swells in U. S. A! ..."
- No. 20 - Duet - Alice and Freddy - "Then you go? ... And you stay! ... What must I do? ... You act for me when I'm away, just as I used to do for you! ..."
- External Link
- The Dollar Princess at Wikipedia
Page created 20 November 2016 Copyright Paul Howarth © 2016 All Rights Reserved